What are the different types of loft conversions to change the appearance of your place?
In this blog, we are going to mention the types of loft conversions which can change the entire place and make it look modern.
- Dormer loft conversion
The most popular type of loft conversion is the simple flat roof dormer. It is the structural extension that projects it vertically from the existing roof and it helps in creating a box shape. With this type of conversion, there is no dramatic change that needs to be made and the installation of conventional windows can be made easily. Some of its benefits are:
- Good light and ventilation
- Makes the wall straight and it has flat ceilings
- Addition of useful headroom in the cramped attic.
- Cost-effective option as compared to other choices.
- It comes under the permitted development.
- Mansard loft conversion
The mansard loft conversion is constructed by increasing the wall shred with the neighbors. The roof is going to be flat whereas the outer wall slopes are going to be present inwards. In most cases, its presence is best at the rear of the house. Moreover, it is the best choice for the different types of property and they are considered the best for terraced houses. Some of its benefits are mentioned below:
- It is considered as the pleasing option as compared to the dormer.
- The perfect option for older buildings.
- Increase the amount of natural light in the home.
- Provides more headroom as compared to other types.
- Hip to a gable loft conversion
This option makes the best choice for detached and terraced homes. It helps to make the gable loft straightened which gives it the vertical wall. It might seem a small change but it is going to make a lot of difference in the living space. If you are looking for something different for your home then you need to choose this option. Some of its benefits are:
- Makes the entire place look pleasing and complements the entire space.
- Best choice for the bungalows and chalets
- It is the best choice to combine it with the rear dormer loft as it increases the space.
- Roof light loft conversion
One of the best options is roof light loft conversion where the existing space is not altered in any manner. With this type, the windows are added and the floor is transformed so that the entire place can be made comfortable. Some of the benefits of this type of conversion are:
- This type of conversion is 25% cheaper as compared to the other options
- This option is going to get approval in the conservative areas
- This option will allow you to increase storage even if creativity is used.
However, with this option, it is important to get the planning permission in case the windows are present in the front.