What are the responsibilities of a Tiler and how to choose one?
Tiler is a tradesman whose job is to lay tiles on floors and walls.
Tiles are made of a range of materials, including ceramics, brick, marble, plastic and natural and artificial stone. Tiles are one of the main features of any place. Tiles are used to cover interior and exterior surfaces, such as the floors, walls and ceilings of homes (especially bathrooms and kitchens). In this guide, we will describe the work of a tiler and how to choose one.
Let’s now look in detail at what the job of a tiler involves.
So, if you are planning to start a new build or a renovation project, the wall and floor tiles are a very important factor(especially bathrooms and kitchen). There are different type of tiling materials like marble slate, clay, ceramic, and glass tiles. It is your wish how you can use tiles for indoor and outdoor purposes in both decorative and protective ways also.
Tiles can be used to create feature walls in a house thus the demand of professional tilers has also increased and also this occupation does have an element of creativity in it. If you are looking for professional Tiler in London then here are some of their common tasks and responsibility which they will perform.
Let us help you find the best tilers in your area. Post your job requirements with Vettedtradesonline and get quality quotes to compare prices.
The common tasks which a tiler performs:
- Checking and interpreting plans.
- Providing quotes and estimates (e.g. number of tiles and quantities of materials required, installation time and costs)
- Measuring and marking surfaces to lay out the work.
- Preparing the floors and walls which need to be worked upon. The old tiles to be removed along with adhesive and grout. Gaps, cracks & holes are filled. Also, ensuring that all the surfaces are properly cleaned.
- Before positioning tiles, adhesive to be applied to tiles and surfaces.
- Making tiles lie flush with pipes, corners, edges, and fittings using tile-cutting tools.
- Making sure that all the tiles are aligned and spaced correctly.
- Once tiles are laid, the grouting to tiles is done and the surface is cleaned for any excessive grout.
- Carrying out finishing work, where necessary.
- The latest technique and products are used to waterproof the tiles.
Qualification is also an important factor as it needs to be a Certificate III or IV the most common level to get knowledge of floor and wall tiles to get success in the industry. Some people also prefer to uplift their skills and expertise with additional training throughout their job as some are more interested in starting their own business.
Understanding the theoretical components will help to get familiar with the real environment. Moreover, it helps to have critical thinking and necessary communication skills which are necessary to thrive in the market.
- Good tiler should have mathematics and measurement skills.
- Knowledge to use tile cutters and other tools of the trade.
- Creative and have the ability to follow specific tiling patterns.
- Strong manual skills.
- A good tiler should be accurate, precise.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- An eye for design.
What to expect?
Like any other tradespeople, the tilers need to perform manual tasks, communicate with the client confidently, and give them solutions to their problems. Having a practical approach is very important as it will surely give better and quality results.
So, you can say that creative and decorative skills are very valuable in achieving high-quality results.
If you are looking for a tiler then make sure to hire the professional through Vetted Trades Online and get quality service.